Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It’s beginning to feel real

You would think with the fact that we are more than halfway through our 25 month engagement with all the major vendors booked that the wedding would feel real to me already. But it wasn’t until we sent out our save the dates that it really started to feel real. Maybe it’s because now our guest list knows about the big day, no turning back now!

Through trial and error our save the dates have transformed from a simple white cardstock note card (please no laughing, this mock up was prior to my introduction into the amazing world of wedding blog stalking)…


To colorful cardstock squares which give an early hint to our travel theme reception…

Our Save the date photographed by Lynn Michelle


Our magnets have (sadly) transitioned from DIY projects to PSE (pay someone else) projects, but they still make me smile and get the job done! I can’t wait to see our smiling faces on our friends’ and family’s refrigerators.


I ordered the square white envelopes from envelopemall.com and spruced them up a bit by embossing “Save the Date” on the front corner. I found that stamp on sale for about 40 cents while standing in line at Michael’s.


Originally I thought about doing labels, but I decided to hand write the addresses to complete the homemade feel. It’s no calligraphy, but I did buy a fancy Sharpie fine point blue marker (and used a coupon on it) and it’s readable!


Mr. E was in charge of stamping our address on the back of each envelope, and for the most part he was a champ. There are a few where a part of the address or our names didn’t stamp, oh well I got over it (practicing that whole Zen bride thing). We’ll just blame it on the stamp pad ;)

Once the magnets came in, I attached them to the cards using photo corners.


I took one to the post office to get the correct postage, since I knew the square envelopes would cost more to mail, and mailed it to ourselves to make sure there were no issues. Let's just say it was a good thing I didn't bother to wait to receive our save the date, because guess what? Yeah it got lost in the mail and took forever! I went ahead and mailed all the others the next day (ugh, 81 cents a piece. I'm pretty sure our invites will mail for less), and guests started receiving them within a day! Yay!



I recieved a text from our usher Brett which said "...seriously, it is the best save the date i've received - and i couldn't be more excited 4 u 2!" That tells me all the hard work was worth it :)

Was there any part in your planning process that made the wedding feel more real?

No comments: