Tuesday, August 17, 2010

OH MY BLOG Award - Thank You Sarah!

I'm going to be honest with you I've never heard of blog awards, but I am so excited that I was mentioned in a fellow follower's blog!  Thank you so much Sarah (better known as Ms. Teacher)!



A) Get very excited that you got the coolest award EVER!


B) To accept the OMB Award, choose ONE of the following options:

1.Get very drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight. (or for as long as you can focus)
2.Write a "Soundtrack of your childhood" post.

3.Make your next blog post a video blog. (talk to the camera about anything)

4.Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc) and post it. (Well you pretty much saw my non make up face in this post, so I don't wan to cheat you there)
5.Write about your most embarrassing moment.

I'll take the lesser of evils and go with the embarrassing moment.

In college, MOH Kristen and I were a part of a co-ed business fraternity.  During our last semester Kristen and I decided to interview (and were selected) to be Pledge Trainers.  One of the first big tasks as Pledge Trainers was to organize Pledge retreat, where all the new pledges get to meet each other, complete team bonding exercises, and learn more about the fraternity and the business world.



MOH Kristen and I next to the banner for the new pledges

After a day full of team events and a cook out, the pledges are asked to preform skits.  Once they have completed them, they can tell their mentors to preform a skit.  In the end the mentors and other executive board members get to pick a skit/dare for the pledge trainers to do.  Normally they just make them dance to some random song, but oh no... not for Kristen and I.  They decided that we needed to eat a muffin off of the (hairy) chest of our friend/Exec board member.


Don't let that smile fool you, I was not excited about it.  But we did it like the champs that we are! That remains one of the many embarrassing but funny memories I have from college.

C) Pass the award on to at least three other awesome bloggers.
1. Miss Puppy Love - I love reading your blog!  Your DIY projects are great and I love how you think of ways to give back with your wedding.

2. Eleven Cubed - Your are so honest in your planning, I can't wait to see it all come together.

3. Sara with Olive Weddings - I have followed your blog for a while because I love reading about other brides that are getting married around the same time we are.  Your projects and spring ideas are amazing!

1 comment:

Eleven Cubed said...

AHHH!!! Thanks so much!