Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Let there be light!

During one of my many random searches of real wedding inspiration online I stumbled upon this.


Love it! I knew I didn’t want the standard silver cake stand that is supplied by our cake baker (for a fee) for our wedding, but wasn’t sure what I would do in its place until I saw this picture. I love the added light from below, making the cake more of a focal point.

The best part was that I found this inspiration picture in the bio of a local bride who ordered all the supplies and made the cake stand for her wedding. I asked her where she bought the supplies and she replied that she was willing to sell the whole set up at a discount! We met at a local Starbucks to make the exchange and then I promptly went home and set it up for a little photo shoot.


With empty votives on the outside


With vase fillers



With water on the outside votives


Shot from above


The plan is to add some spider mums in the 4 corner votives, and possibly some filler beads to hide the flora lights in the middle. I love the set up and can’t wait to see it with our cake on our wedding day!

Will you make use of any supplies used by another bride?

No comments: