Monday, August 2, 2010

Where to go, where to go?

Back in the day, I mean way back in the day well before I met Mr. E, I always dreamed of a honeymoon in Hawaii. I have never been and thought what a way to splurge and enjoy the most tropical state.




Once Mr. E & I got engaged, we talked about the Honeymoon, and he was game for anywhere I wanted to go. We didn't do the normal, groom plans the Honeymoon thing, because let's face it... I'm a planner. I have planned every vacation that we have gone on together and Mr. E loves not having that responsibility. So after we made that decision, I started to actually look into the price of a Hawaiian honeymoon, I thought that we could get more bang for our buck with an all-inclusive.

I was drawn to the Honeymoon all inclusive go-to of Sandals resorts. I did some research (aka lots of reading on the Honeymoon boards and the Sandals website) and decided that St. Lucia was it. You got three resorts for the price of one, or as they liked to put it "stay at one, play at three". Of course I wasn't really looking at the prices (my bad), but figured that we could work it into the wedding fund budget. The room that we want (becuase it has room service included) is more on the pricey side, but they do always seem to be having a 60 or 65% off sale. Too bad the cost of flying to St. Lucia was also on the pricey side, and Mr. E and I were thinking of doing first class since it's such a special occasion.






We were pretty set on Sandals, without really thinking about the cost, until I started looking into videographers. Wouldn't it be my luck that the videographers I loved the most, were the most expensive? Why can't it ever be the other way around?

To try and work the budget to our advantage (i.e. squeeze in a videographer without having to lose something else, or take on a second job) we really looked at the cost of Sandals, and decided we could go somewhere else, with just as much sun and fun but a smaller price tag. So where did we decide? You'll have to hang on until next time.

Was your dream Honeymoon out of your price range?

No comments: