Friday, July 29, 2011

Passport To Love: Welcome, Blessing & Food!

Once we finished our first dance, Daddy E took the microphone to welcome all of our guests.


He did a great job, and didn't keep it too long winded which he can sometimes do when he's excited.


He thanked everyone for coming out to celebrate with us and then welcomed Mr. E and his family into ours.


Next Daddy E handed the microphone off to Mr. E who thanked my parents for all of their help in pulling the wedding off.  Mr. E is not a big public speaker, so his toast that followed had everyone a little surprised.


He said some of the sweetest things to me, his new wife.  I wish I could remember it all, but I'm still waiting for our video.  I do remember the part that made everyone laugh, which was when he mentioned that with all of this hard work he was relived to see that I was not perfect.


Many people asked us later what he was referring to and we had to tell them that with all of my organization skills, I ended up forgetting the most important thing at home - our marriage license.


I'm sure our guests could smell the food, so it was onto a blessing from Revered Rosset before opening the buffet.


The baby spinach & strawberry salads with candied walnuts, blue cheese and raspberry vinaigrette were passed to each of the tables so guests would have something to munch on while waiting to be released for the buffet.


I heard from one guest that she was close to licking her plate because the vinaigrette was so tasty.

The mac & cheese and carving stations were both big hits with the crowd.  I know I saw some going back for seconds and possibly thirds.




I'm going to go ahead and break the trend that you normally hear about brides not having the time or appetite to eat their dinner. The staff brought plates of food to our sweetheart table, and not only did we get a chance to sample a little bit of everything but we even had a second plate of salmon and mac and cheese sent over when we were done.


Did people come and talk to us while eating? Sure, but it didn't bother us.  We said hello and snapped some shots in between bites.  Once we were done, we made the rounds to each of the tables to say hello and thank everyone for coming out to celebrate with us.

Once the guests were finishing up their dinner it was time to cut the cake!!

Do you think you will have the time or appetite to eat at your reception?

All photos from Lynn Michelle

No comments: