Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Passport To Love: Ceremony Part II

After the meditation of marriage covenant it was time to exchange vows.


"I, Christopher, affirm my love to you, Lauren, as I invite you to be my lifelong partner.  I promise to love you faithfully, to respect and cherish you, and to be your closest and most constant friend.  I will treat you with kindness, selflessness, and trust, and I will strive to build the warm, rich life we look forward to sharing.


To this end, I call upon all present to witness that I take you, Lauren, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live."






Why is Mr. E busting out during his vows?  It's because he recited that he took me to be his lawfully wedded life instead of wife.  I've also noticed that when Mr. E gets emotional, he'll try and laugh through it to hold back some tears. I love how his eyes close when he really laughs!


"I, Lauren, affirm my love to you, Christopher, as I invite you to be my lifelong partner.  I promise to love you faithfully, to respect and cherish you, and to be your closest and most constant friend.  I will treat you with kindness, selflessness, and trust, and I will strive to build the warm, rich life we look forward to sharing.

To this end, I call upon all present to witness that I take you, Christopher, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live."


A big shout out and thanks to Mrs. Octopus for sharing her vows with the hive.  When I read them and then shared them with Mr. E, we knew it would be perfect for our ceremony.  As you can see, the vows truly touched me when reciting them.

Revered Rosset blessed our rings, and we completed our vows.


"Lauren, with this ring, I choose you as my wife, and I join my life with yours."



"Christopher, with this ring, I choose you as my husband, and I join my life with yours."




We ended with our sand ceremony.


"Now, Lauren and Christopher, will each of you pour your sand into the vessel representing your marriage.  First Lauren, pour some of your sand, and then Chris.  You see, your colors are separate but joined.  For in marriage, you still retain your own unique individuality.  Now pour your remaining sand together, at the same time.  This sand, mingled and joined, represents your marriage:  unable to ever be separated again.  Intertwined, and making a new and beautiful color together."




All that was left was a pronouncement and a kiss.

"Now that Christopher and Lauren have given themselves to each other by solemn vows, with the joining of hands, and the giving and receiving of rings,

I announce to you that they are husband and wife;
In the name of the Father,
And of the Son,
And of the Holy Spirit.
Those whom God has joined together, let no one put asunder.  Amen.

You may now kiss!"






"May I present to you Lauren and Christopher, Mr & Mrs. Lord!"


And we walked out to a flurry of bubbles, as husband and wife.




Will you have anything tossed, waved or blown after your ceremony?

All photos from Lynn Michelle

No comments: