Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Passport To Love: Livin' It Up In The Big Easy

There's nothing like finally shutting down the work laptop for the last time before the wedding.  My out of office actually began 9 days before our wedding day, and I don't think there's a better way to celebrate then with a couple of familiar faces in the Big Easy!


Too busy having a fun time that I didn't take many pictures.  Here's one from a trip Mr. E & I took in 2008

While some may have thought I was a little crazy to go out of town the weekend before our big day, for me it was the best idea ever!  I was starting to stress the weather forecast which I began looking at 15 days out.  Not a smart idea! Especially with how frequently Texas weather changes.  When I talked to Mama E about the 60% chance of storms on April 23, I was normally met with "but you know what they say... rain is good luck on your wedding day".  Not gonna lie, I really didn't want to hear that.  Yes, there was nothing I could do about it, but I needed to get the upset feelings out of my system.

Being able to talk to some real brides that were faced with not so awesome weather on their wedding days (Thank you so much Mrs. Mouse, Mrs. Fro Yo and Mrs. Guinea Pig) helped to get it out of my system.  Sure it would suck to not have the outdoor wedding that we had envisioned for the past 2 years, but in the end it wouldn't matter.  As long as I got to marry Mr. E, I knew the day would be amazing!  This get away was just what I needed to enjoy myself and really get into excited mode.

Anyone else crazy enough to take a trip the weekend before your wedding?

No comments: