Thursday, June 23, 2011

Passport To Love: Early Riser

I think I've mentioned it once before, but I'm an early riser.  I usually get up early to walk Gypsy, but even without her around (like vacations) I still tend to wake up early.  I try to go back to sleep, but it hardly ever works. I feel bad for Mr. E who is the typical night owl - early mornings are not for him.

This was no different for the morning of the wedding.  I felt like I had a decent night before the wedding sleep (in bed around 11 and up around 4), but MOH Navy and BM Philly were still sleeping so I didn't want to get up and turn on the TV or anything.  I texted Mama E's phone and surprisingly got a response from my dad.  I think I get my early riser tendency from him. ;)  We texted back and forth for a little bit until I decided to walk over to their hotel.  We'll just say that the knocked out Mama E was surprised to see me climb into bed with them.

As strange as it may seem, laying there talking with my parents was the perfect way to start the wedding day. We chatted about the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner, and how great it was to spend time with our guests (some of which were friends and family that they have not seen in years). We discussed the weather, again, and said a little prayer for the day to go off without any major issues.  Talking with them was such a calming experience, and before we knew it was time for breakfast.  Mom and Dad decided to head back over with me so they could join us girls for the free hotel breakfast.

Texas shaped waffles, how cute!

After breakfast and a shower, I got dressed for the day.  Side note: a getting ready outfit was something that totally slipped my mind.  The week of the wedding I made a trip to Old Navy to search for a white hoodie, but the only options were pretty thick and I knew I would be too hot in it.  I picked up some black carpi yoga pants and a blue/green stripped shirt and called it a day.  Mama E and Aunt Bunny to the rescue! As I got out of the shower Saturday morning I found a light weight, white hoodie which was perfect for getting ready (and feeling a little bridal).  Love you Mama E & Aunt B!

BM Aggie and me relaxing in the hotel

MOH Navy secured a hotel cart and it was time to check out, load up and head for the venue!

Will you be wearing anything special to get ready for the wedding?


Catch up on the Elephant recaps, Passport To Love:

1 comment:

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

i need a texas waffle maker!