Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Secret Life of Bees: "Miss Elephant, Come On Down"

Who doesn't love a juicy secret??  Well my "secrets" aren't really deep dark secrets, more like 3 fun facts that I've never shared with the Hive.

1.  During the summer after our sophomore year in college MOH Navy and I studied abroad in Mexico.  It was for an International Business certificate, therefor the fact that I took 3 years of Spanish in middle school and high school and retained about 2% of it did not factor into my grade.  On our last night there (July 4th), myself and one of the guys from our college were entered into a dance contest, during which he broke the strap of my top.  I think that little "tease" is what resulted in our win.  We won a case of beer and free t-shirts, which I  used to cover up.




That's me trying to hold up my top and keep dancing


2. When I moved from Philly to Texas, I jumped on the Dallas Cowboy bandwagon.  It wasn't pretty.  I was wrapped up in their Superbowl wins in '93 and '95.  Who doesn't want to cheer on a winner?? Thankfully, I saw the error of my ways, went back to routing on the Eagles before college and have been an avid fan ever since.



Sources Cowboys, Eagles


3. If you haven't already guessed from the title, I was called to come on down on the Price is Right (just like Mrs. Deviled Egg).  Mama Elephant and I headed to California for spring break my freshman year of college and my Aggie wildcat sent me down to contestant's row.



                                

Don't you just love how excited I look?  I don't know what I would have done with those sleds in Texas. Sadly my bidding was not on point, and I never made it out of contestants row.  I did leave with 2 shop vacs and a telephone.

Well those are my secrets, are there any you would like to share?  Are there any Price is Right fans out there??

No comments: