Thursday, October 7, 2010

How we ended up at the Tribute

I just realized that I haven't really said anything about our venue.  I'll keep the search section brief, and if there are any DFW brides that would like more info feel free to PM me :)

Our search mainly centered around the Internet.  I searched online for places that could hold both the ceremony & reception, and contacted them for pricing information.  I feel for the brides of yesteryear who had to comparison shop without the wonderful web! We made a list of our top four venues and made our visits.

We visited one hotel (the Westin Stonebriar), and decided that it just wasn't for us.  Our second stop, the Las Colinas Country Club, my favorite venue on paper.


Las Colinas Country Club (Source)


I loved that they had a separate room inside for the ceremony and reception.  The one thing that I wasn't a fan of was the lack of responsiveness of the coordinator there.  After the quick response for pricing information it took 3 emails over a 3 week period and a call to get a response on setting up a date to visit the site.

Moving on, the 3rd stop was another country club that was alright, but nothing to write home about.

The fourth and final stop on our venue search was The Tribute Golf Club. Mama E and I headed out on a drizzly Saturday, down a long and winding road (ok maybe not that winding but it was a long road), to meet with the event coordinator. We had scheduled the meeting the day of a wedding to see the beginning set up process. We got a tour of the guest rooms that would be reserved for the wedding party to get ready, the bar, the ballroom and a quick from a distance view of the outside gazebo. I loved all of it! Unfortunately due to the weather the evening’s outdoor wedding was being moved inside to take place in front of the gorgeous black fireplace, which will be plan B if the weathermen aren't on our side for our wedding day.

I couldn’t help but smile when we walked out of this place, The Place. I knew it was the one! I could picture our wedding day there and knew by the numbers that it was in our budget. If I could have put down the deposit that day I probably would have, but clear thinking Mama E knew that we needed to sleep on it, weigh out the pros and cons of each place and of course have Mr. E see it before we made any final decision.

Fast forward a couple weeks and the whole gang (and I do mean whole gang: Mama Elephant, Dad Elephant, Elephant Bro, Mr. E, me, Mr. E’s parents and my cousins Geri and Zo) went to see the Tribute. The coordinator was so nice to take some time between 2 weddings on the same day (it was the middle of wedding season) to show everyone around. Everyone agreed that the venue was perfect for our day, so we signed on the dotted line and turned in our deposit.



I can’t wait to say my vows to Mr. E at this venue!

How many venue visits did you conduct before finding the one?

No comments: