Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Crafting A Rehearsal Bouquet

So I may have gone a little overboard, but I had some free time while watching college football and I really wanted a cool rehearsal bouquet for MOH Navy.

I started with a bag of ribbons saved from her showers, styrofoam ball, flower stakes, floral wire, a bouquet base found in the bridal aisle of Michael's and a glue gun.


I glued the styrofoam ball to the floral base and stuck the stakes in the bottom.


I looped the ribbon around, adding a drop of hot glue on each end and then twisted a little wire around (similar to the tissue poms). 





Then I proceeded to stick the ribbon into the styrofoam.


Ooo, it's starting to take shape



I still wanted it to have some of the classic rehearsal bouquet look, so I glued curly ribbon to cover the tulle.



And to finish it up, I wrapped the "stems".



And here's the final product from the front. (As you can see there was more purple Bed, Bath & Beyond ribbons, than green Pottery Barn)



And the back.



And here it is in action at MOH Navy's rehearsal.




Will you have a bouquet at your rehearsal?  Have you put together one for another bride?

No comments: