Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bees Then And Now: Elephant Back In The Day

Man o man!  When I heard about this Bee series the first thing that flashed through my head was my hair.  Maybe that sounds a little odd, but I went through so many hair styles in high school it wasn't even funny.  In fact one of my friends even signed my yearbook "Elephant, I enjoyed watching you change hairstyles constantly this year..."

Don't believe me?  Here are a couple of the various Elephant styles (I apologize in advance for any wonky edges, most of these pictures were taken from my old scrapbooks)...



Love how I'm rockin' those glasses on the left?  I picked those up in London and thought I was so cool!


Senior Year Photo


See what I mean?

In high school I was part of the "smart jocks" (term not coined by me) group.  My friends and I played sports (I was on the Varsity track team all 4 years) and took Advance Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) courses, I actually graduated #7 out of my class of 650 students.  I'll admit that my "love" for studying in high school did not carry over into college.  Parties and business frats got in the way ;)



Track memories

High school is also where I met my best friend, MOH Navy. We were paired together (based on our last names) in an athletic program the summer before sophomore year of high school.





You're probably thinking "funny pictures, but what about the Elephant high school love life?"  Well I didn't really have much of one (sad face).  I had a major crush on a guy through middle school and was beyond excited to go to homecoming with him Freshman year.



Besides that I didn't really date much in high school, instead I enjoyed hanging out with the guys on the track team. I had a good amount of guy friends and I really loved that, but there was a small part of me that was sad I didn't have a high school sweetheart.  I focused on school and track, and just looked forward to college, where I thought I would meet, fall in love and marry an Aggie upon graduation. How cute would it be to have an Aggie marroon wedding?  OK maybe I'm not that hard core, but I definitely would have added A&M touches here and there.

As you know by now, that didn't happen.  I had one serious boyfriend in college, but that didn't last.  Although things didn't work out the way I thought they would have, I cherish the path my life has taken because that path gave me wonderful friendships and has lead me to Mr. E.

Are any of your bridal party members high school friends? Any one else rock a bee hive?

No comments: