Monday, October 11, 2010

My Best Friend's Shower

I can't believe that MOH Navy's wedding has already come and gone!  Back in August, BM Cali, myself and MOH Navy's mom put on one awesome bridal shower (if I do say so myself, although this is the first shower I have been a part of planning, so I may be a little biased).  We all took charge of different aspects of the shower, and it all came together beautifully!

The food was amazing!  We had chicken salad croissants, meat and cheese trays, an edible bouquet, bacon & cheese quiche, cheesecakes from the Cheesecake factory, lemon tarts & chocolate filled swans.

Some of the spread


Close up of the carrot cheese cake and one of MOH Navy's engagement pictures

We played a couple of games.  The first was bridal shower purse game, and I highly recommend this game for a shower!  I used this site to get a general idea, but made the sheets using Word. (I wasn't really comfortable with some of the items listed for a group of ladies I don't know, like the condom).  This was a great icebreaker for the ladies to mix and mingle and find out who carried postage stamps or ear plugs.  The group did get really creative with some items, like a phone for playing cards because they have a solitaire app.

Purse Game Sheets in MOH Navy's color scheme of Navy & Maroon


Team #1 digging through their purses

The winners won very cute wine stoppers (Thanks for the idea Mama Elephant!)



Up next was the Newlywed type game where the bride tries to match up answers with her groom.  BM Cali skyped with the Groom to get his answers on video (thanks to a little editing from her husband).


MOH Navy is super excited to match favorite foods

From here we moved onto the gift opening portion of the shower.  I created Bridal Bingo cards to involve the guests as they marked off bingo spots with each gift MOH Navy opened.


Doing my MOH job of writing down the gifts


MOH Navy and her mom looking through the scrapbook of memories from all of her bridesmaids

After the gifts we enjoyed dessert and wrapped it up.  It was a wonderful day and I am so happy to have been a part of it!

BM Cali, MOH Navy & me

Have you planned a bridal shower for another bride?  What types of games (if any) do you enjoy at bridal showers?

No comments: