Wednesday, October 14, 2009

OOO - Out of [the] office

Not just out of the office, but out of the country! We’re leaving tonight to fly to Miami and then off to the tropical islands of Trinidad and Tobago for a family vacation!


My dad was born and raised on the island of Tobago and we have been planning a family trip there for as long as I can remember. Every year we tried to go, another family trip came up so it was pushed back again. Well not this year! After watching Bizarre World with Andrew Zimmern (I told you I’m a TV junkie) when he was in Trinidad and Tobago last year I put my foot down and determined that we would go in 2009.

My mom has been a couple of times since meeting and marrying my dad, but my brother and I have never been. We all used airline miles to book our flights (thanks work for all those additional trips to Ohio) and will be getting a hook up for 3 nights at a bed and breakfast in Tobago from one of my dad’s friends. We are splurging for the Hyatt in Trinidad for the last two nights.


The best part of all is that I get to share this family experience with Chris! I used some AA vouchers for giving up my seat to get his ticket for only $150 (they normally run in the range of $700 - $800). He truly is a part of this family and will be along for the adventure! On the wedding related front – Trinidad & Tobago is the name of one of our tables, so I’ll be on the look out for a great picture op to use for the table name sign.

Don’t miss me too much while I’m gone!

Did your fiancé take any family trips with you before the big day?

No comments: