Sunday, October 4, 2009

Movin' on up, to the East side

This weekend marks a year since Mr. E packed up and moved in with me, a month later we would move into our apartment.


All of our stuff packed up in my old 1 bedroom apartment

Mr. E putting together our new TV stand in our new apartment

While moving in before getting married isn't right for everyone, it was right for us. I feel that our relationship has grown being able to see each other in the day to day. I love knowing that he is the first thing I see in the morning (unless I'm on my side and see little Gypsy first, jumping up ready for a walk) and the last thing I see before I fall asleep. Moving in was also a financial bonus, because we are able to put additional savings into our wedding fund, rather then spending it on two different sets of rent and bills.

It has been reported that people that live together before marriage are more likely to divorce after marriage because they don't have the "newlywed" period of co-habitation. In my opinion (and I can only speak for myself and our relationship) living together before marriage is a great way to figure out all the little quirks about another person before making that life long commitment. Nobody is perfect, and there are going to be things that you do that will annoy your fiance and vice versa. The true test of a relationship is how you deal with those quirks together.

I love Mr. E for accepting my quirks, and I know he loves me for accepting his.

Will you move in with your fiance before getting engaged or married?

No comments: