Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Showered With Love

I love how a bridal shower can make you feel so blessed!  My friends and family are absolutely amazing and I can not thank them enough for their generosity!

BM Philly, MOH Navy, Miss E, BM Cali (with her baby bump), BM Aggie

My Matron of Honor & bridesmaids went above and beyond with everything from the delicious food spread, fun, interactive games and amazing gifts.  A big shout out to MOH Navy's mom for opening up her gorgeous house for the shower, and to Mama E for the cakes & favors!

Some of the tasty spread.  We also had yummy quiche!  

Everyone loved the chocolate cake - I stuck with the lemon raspberry cheesecake

The drinks, and there are some of our personalized water bottles!

After chowing down, we started the games/gifts portion.  BM Philly handled the bridal bingo (a great way to involve the guests in the gift opening).  BM Aggie had every guest write down a memory they had with me and I had to guess which guest wrote it.  This was a wonderful way for the group to hear stories throughout my childhood, college, work and beyond.  BM Cali was stealthy and pulled off the interview with Mr. E via Skype.

Trying not to cry on some of Mr. E's sweet responses

Even if I did do a little bit of registry stalking, I was still surprised and thankful for every gift we received

Opening our toasting flutes

I am so glad that we can finally get replace the pots and pans that I've had since college!

My parents went above and beyond, but the most touching gift I received from them was a Swarovski necklace.  To be honest, my mom told me a head of time she wanted to gift me a necklace, so one weekend while shopping we swung by the Swarovski store.  Mom and I spotted this blue tear drop necklace at the same time and knew it would be perfect for the wedding!


MOH Navy & Me.  Just a few of months ago our roles were reversed at her shower! 

The afternoon was capped off with the priceless gift of photos. All of my bridesmaids contributed to create an amazing scrapbook with so many of of the wonderful memories I share with each of them.  I LOVE it!  I can't wait to get it back after the wedding once MOH Navy has completed it with pictures from all of the pre-wedding activities.



I can't thank my bridal party enough.  You are truly amazing women and I am so grateful to be able to call you my friends :)  I'm also happy to say that all of the thank you notes are completed and on their way to my wonderful guests!

What was your shower like?  Did you play any games or get any awesome non-registry gifts?

No comments: