Sunday, May 16, 2010

A little love for the guys

As most brides can tell you, when it comes to thinking of wedding attire most of the time is spent on what the bride and bridesmaids will wear. As you know (if you've been following along) I have found and ordered my amazing dress, and the bridesmaids have decided on their dresses. Next up? The guys.

After seeing this inspiration board from Snippet and Ink I was hooked on that blue and green stripped tie for the groomsmen.





At first I thought it would be a pretty simple thing to find, blue and green are very common colors and lots of ties are stripped... well I was wrong. Really?? Yes, I was wrong. It took me a while to find these darker shades of blue and green in a thicker stripe. I even checked a couple of stores in person with no luck. After hours and hours of searching the web... (OK more like one hour, but it felt like hours and hours) I came across this on Ties.com (yeah, probably a site I should have checked first but didn't come up at the top on a google search of "blue and green stripped tie") and quickly bookmarked it for future reference.



Source


I also checked out Tiebar since it was referenced by a couple of bees like Miss French Fries and found these



Source

I can't decide which one I like more so I'll have to leave it up to Mr. E. Once we pick the one, we'll be buying 5, one for each of the groomsmen and one for Mr. E to wear at a later date. I think he should stand out a little on the wedding day so we're still trying to decide what tie he should wear, but I know he'll get use out of it after the wedding.

While shopping I did find these ties for the ushers...




And this tie for the ushers. I'm still waiting on buying these ties until they go on sale (you know it seems like Kohl's is always having a sale)



Did you gift your groomsmen with ties?

No comments: