Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thank goodness for my bumper

Picture this... we're (Chris, mom and me) on our way to our engagement shoot... traveling down interstate 35 in the left lane when all of a sudden mom yells out "Oh no, watch out". That was followed by a loud sound, that didn't sound too good.

My first thought is, "Are you kidding me?". My second thought is "I refuse to be late to my engagement pictures!!" Thank goodness no one was hurt by this lady being distracted in the middle lane and drifting into the back bumper side of my SUV in the left lane.

Here's what her car looked like after the accident.

And here's what my car looked like. The dent looks bigger then it really is because I zoomed in on it. All I can say is that I'm so thankful that my bumper was able to take most of the impact of the hit.


The good news is that we made it to our engagement pictures (only a couple minutes late, but that was more due to the fact that the museum had the wrong street listed on their website) and had a blast with Lynn and Vivie!

No comments: