Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What are we going to eat?

Well to be truthful, I don't exactly know what we will be eating at the reception yet since we haven't had our tasting. But I have completed a mock up for a menu so that the guests will know what they will be eating at the wedding.

At first I wasn't planning on doing a menu (thought it wasn't necessary since we were having a buffet) but after meeting with my planner the other day we've decided to do one. It won't be anything fancy, but will add to the design idea my planner has planned out for our table decor.


I checked out the Knot for some inspirational pictures and came out with this...



All photos from the
Knot


And here's my simple mock up. It's printed on white cardstock, and backed with the same blue cardstock we've used for all of the other DIY paper products. I added our monogram to the top and embossed the little flourish to the bottom which can also be found on our invites and save the dates.



The plan is to have these placed inside green napkins, wrapped with blue ribbon and a final touch of a green kerrmit mum. I am leaving all of that up to my planner and can't wait to see the finished product at the reception!


Were there any "unnecessary" DIY projects that you ended up doing in the end?

No comments: