Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bridesmaids Summit! Part 1 - Dresses

All four of my wonderful bridesmaids were in town the last weekend in March and we really made good use of our time.

Saturday we were out bright and early to our first stop, Bridal Boutique where I tried on my favorite three dresses. Of course I left my favorite for last and the emotion of having all of my bridesmaids, my mom and my aunt there to see the dress really hit me. There were tears all around and we all knew it was the one. Too bad they don't let you take pictures in the store. MOH Navy tried to sneak an iPhone pic, but the consultant came back around.

Once we left the shop I let the girls in on a little secret: mom and I had ordered the dress 2 weekends ago at a trunk show! I really was planning on buying it with the girls all there, but when I received a card in the mail letting me know that there was going to be a Mori Lee trunk show at the Terry Costa dress store and I could get 20% off, there was no way I could turn that down!

Speaking of Terry Costa, that was our next stop because unlike the first dress store, Terry Costa lets you take all the pictures you want. We found the 4 Bill Levkoff dresses that we were considering.


First up is BM Philly modeling the blue ruching one, #527. Now this is the correct color that all the girls will be wearing, but both BM Philly and MOH Navy said the band under the boobs doesn't sit too well. So pretty, but a no go.



Next we have MOH Navy modeling the two strap, #292. She said this could probably be a nice fit, but a little hard to really get a feel since the dress was more then a couple sizes too big on her.



Here we have BM Philly showing off the strapless with pockets, #370. This was the dress that BM Cali first emailed me in the BM dress hunt and began the love of the Bill Levkoff dresses. This isn't in the right material, so picture it in the material above.



The back of this dress has a detachable bow, which I think is great because it gives the girls the option to wear it or not.



And last, but certainly not least we have BM Aggie and MOH Navy modeling the very stylish one shoulder #528. We all thought this was a very beautiful dress!




So what did we decide to do? We're going to have two girls wear the one strap #528, and two wear the strapless with pockets #370. I love the two dresses that were picked and can't wait to see them in action for the wedding!

Did all of your bridesmaids wear the same dresses or did you give them an option for a cohesive look?

2 comments:

Sara said...

I want all my girls to wear the same dress, but I've definitely debated the issue. I really like the look of different dresses when they have a cohesive element, such as the color. I just don't think I'm up for the risk. I love ALL of the dresses your maids tried on, but the first dress has my vote! I can see where the "boob band," lol would be uncomfortable, but it's still very pretty!

Lauren said...

Thanks, I thought they were all pretty and the girls were able to pick the ones that they felt the best in, just happens to have worked out 2 and 2 so I think that will be great!