Thursday, April 8, 2010

Falling victim to popular trends

I'm not gonna lie, I'm totally jumping the wedding trend bandwagon with this purchase.





I'm sure you have all seen them in one wedding or another (or a wedding blog or two), most likely on the groom and groomsmen. I don't know if our crew will wear Converse shoes, possibly to change into after the ceremony?  We're still thinking that through.
I always thought it was really cool how you could customize the chucks to meet your needs and wants, so after seeing Mrs. Doxie's post on Vans vs. Converse I decided to play around and make my own.  While playing around with the colors the wheels started turning...what if instead of the groomsmen wearing them for the wedding, Mr. E and I got some to commemorate our wedding and wear after the big day? So I played around and made a pair for me (the green ones) and a pair for him (the blue ones) in our wedding colors with our date added to the heel strip. I placed the order and 3 weeks later they were waiting for us!








Personal Photos

Converse only had lime green laces for Mr. E's shoes, so we're going to purchase some green shoestrings online.

We'll get to break these in during our engagement shoot next month and then will be styling in them at the send off brunch. I'm so excited!

Are you a chucks fan? Would you wear a pair at your wedding?

3 comments:

Mrs. Wedding Crasher said...

I actually had never seen these before, believe it or not ...

PS I am enjoying following your blog and would love if you could follow mine too. I am a brand new blogger.
http://weddingcrashersguide.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Wedding Crasher said...

Lol I forgot to say that I think they are awesome!

Lauren said...

Thanks! And I love following other brides :)