Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Inspiration

With the popularity of wedding inspiration boards rising, I decided to make one of my very own.

I’m not very good with Photoshop or Illustrator (which I don’t have on my laptop, but Mr. E does have on his) so I went the easy route and made my board in PowerPoint. I opened up a new slide and deleted the default text boxes. I’ve been collecting pictures for quite some time so the hardest part was going back and finding all of the sources for those pictures.

I started inserting pictures, resizing and moving them around so they would overlap and fit on the screen. I added pictures from online as well as a couple of my own DIY projects that have already been completed.


I played around (for quite some time) with the set up until I was happy with what I had. I selected all of the pictures by starting in the left corner with my mouse and dragging it over all of the pictures. Once selected I right clicked and grouped them. After they were grouped I right clicked again and saved it as a .png picture.

The only problem I really had was with an online picture of a pair of blue shoes. For some reason, that picture would show in PowerPoint, but once I saved it as a picture and uploaded it to my planning web site it would only show as a white area. I thought well, maybe I didn’t include it when I grouped the pictures. I tried again, and again had the same outcome so I found another pair of blue shoes (well really the picture is of only one shoe) to include in the board and that picture worked just fine.

And here’s the finished board!


Sources from left to right, top to bottom, starting in the top left corner
Row 1: 1, 2 (DIY), 3, 4
Row 2: 1, 2 (DIY), 3, 4
Row 3: 1 (DIY), 2, 3
Row 4: 1 (picture painted by Mr. E), 2, 3 (DIY), 4 (DIY)

Did you create an inspiration board to collect all of your ideas?

No comments: