Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hello Fall!

Today is the official start of Fall! Along with the cooler weather (how many days of 100+ degree weather can one really handle?) one of my favorite things about the fall is that we leave the TV reruns of the summer behind for new shows/new episodes of our favorite TV shows.



Source

Say Yes to the Dress on TLC began airing new shows a couple weeks, and I watched a couple with my mom. One of the episodes that we watched dealt with a girl looking for a dress along with a big entourage including her mother, future mother-in-law, sisters, and bridesmaids. My first thought was that I don’t think I’ll be dress shopping with that many people. I think (which was illustrated on the episode) that too many opinions can make it hard for a bride to really make a decision about her dress. I will probably search a little with my mom, and hopefully get one weekend to go with my 4 bridesmaids to get their opinion. The mother in this episode seemed really upset with the dress choices that her daughter picked out which all had to be pink to go with the pink and leopard print wedding colors. The mother didn’t really understand that white just wasn’t her daughter’s idea of the perfect dress.

Mom and I talked during the episode and she hopes to be nothing like that mother, which I don’t think she has anything to worry about since she is awesome! She said that she knows it’s all about me, and the dress needs to be something that I love. I love my mom and I truly value her opinion when it comes to wedding decisions, even if she doesn’t always like what I like, hehe. Even though we don’t plan on buying a dress until next year, I think we might sneak out this fall just to try a couple on to get a better idea of what looks good on me.

Did you have a lot of people go with you when you tried on dresses?

No comments: