Friday, September 11, 2009

Mock ups for table names

I may have mentioned once or twice that the theme for our wedding is travel. We don’t want to go “overboard” (haha) with the theme, just enough to tie the reception together. Guest will get their first taste of the travel theme with the travel tag on our save the date cards.

Another way to tie in the theme is to show some pictures from the places Mr. E and I were lucky enough to travel to together. I thought the best way to incorporate these pictures would be in the table names. I was inspired by some pictures of table numbers online and got to work on a mock up for our tables.

The tables are all named after places that Mr. E and I have vacationed to (or lived in) and will be constructed out of blue and green scrapbook paper and include my favorite picture from the trip. The first round of mock ups was sloppy quick and a little too big for my liking. I decided that less would be more, and started in on round two.


The first quick mock up

The idea is pretty simple, cardstock with the name glued above the picture. The paper that I used for the trial was purchased at Michael’s (which seems to be my second home since we started planning this wedding) and seems a little flimsy. I may have to take a trip to paper source to get some thicker paper. For the picture I put the mock ups in some little photo clips that I had lying around, but I think we will be using little easels (found at Michael’s, Garden Ridge or online) for the real deal. What do you think?




The 2nd round of mock ups

 Are you incorporating a personal element into your table numbers?

No comments: