Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sales and Coupons, does it get any better??

Some of the best parts about shopping for DIY supplies are the coupons and sales! This past weekend while running errands I made no less than 4 stops to Michael’s. 4 stops to one store! Joann’s had paper on sale, and after changing up the design of the save the date we needed more paper. So I picked up paper which was originally 59 cents per page, but on sale 6 for 96 cents. I saved nearly $20 on 46 pieces of paper. Sad part is that I’ll still need more paper, guess that means I’ll be waiting for another sale! I normally pass by the “sidewalk sale” baskets in the front of Michael’s but this time I found baskets for 40% off, and there was only one blue basket. It was like it was call to me! I knew it would be perfect for the flip flop basket we planned to have at the reception. After some cardstock and ribbon, here’s the final product. Of course once Old Navy has their $1 sale next year and we stock up, the basket will be filled with flip flops instead of my dog Gypsy.




Some other items I picked up included a heat gun of embossing, (can’t wait to try that out) stamp ink, embossing powder, adhesive, (need to stock up when it comes to putting together the save the dates and invites!) ribbon and frames to make our card box. I was super excited about the frames because not only were they on sale for 40% off, but I had a bonus coupon for an extra 25% off. Yay coupons and sales!!

No comments: