Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Allow me to introduce myself

Hello!!

My name is Lauren and I am currently in the process of planning a wedding to the love of my life, Chris. I love talking about the wedding plans, but am not always sure that others are so excited to hear about them so I thought the best way to get it out would be to start a blog.

Now for a little background:

I was born and raised in a suburb outside of Philly (no not west Philadelphia like the fresh prince). My family (mom, dad and brother Dennis) moved to Texas in the mid 90s where I attended school and moved onto college. I loved my 4 years at Texas A&M and gained some amazing friends as well as a better understanding of who I am.

Fast forward a couple of years post graduation, and I find myself working in the DFW area enjoying my independence but missing out on that someone special. Tired of the bar scene, I decided to sign up with match.com (those Dr. Phil commercials really stuck) and see if their 6 month promise could live up to the hype. Lucky for me, it did when I found Chris. After a couple months of emailing back and forth we set up a time and place to meet, don't worry it was a very public place. Our first date was dinner at Chili's followed by a movie, and I knew there was something special there. Our 2nd date didn't exactly go according to plan (Chris overslept and was 3 hours late) but we still had a fun night and I enjoy joking about it to this day.

Chris and I were dating for nearly two years when he asked the big question! It was the best night of my life (so far)! I love him with all that I am and I can't wait for the day that he calls me his wife.


No comments: