Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Play That Funky Music Part 1

Time for some Elephant ceremony music!

As a nod to my dad's home country Trinidad and Tobago, we will be having a steel drum duo for the ceremony music. The seating of the parents will be to "Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring"



Followed by the bridal party to my favorite traditional wedding song, Pachelbel's Canon in D



I had a hard time picking the song that I wanted to walk down to. Both Mr. E and I love Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole and wanted to work it into the wedding day one way or another. When I found this clip, we knew that was it!



I can not wait to walk down the aisle to this song. I tear up just thinking about it right now. Want to know a secret? After we selected this song, we were watching last season's finale of Glee, where they sing it at the end. Mr. E and I both shed a couple tears. I was so happy to see that it affected him the same way it affected me.

Once our first kiss as husband and wife has ended, we'll head off to Bob Marley's One Love.



Stay tuned for Part 2 with our reception music selections!

Did you work with your FI to select the ceremony music? Do you have a mix of traditional and non traditional wedding songs?

No comments: