Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Good Morning Beautiful

Funny thing about our first dance song, I was originally introduced to it by my college roommate freshman year.  She was in love with "Good Morning Beautiful" by Steve Holy, and I heard it more than a handful of times in our dorm room.  The more I listened to it, the more it stuck in my head so I went ahead and download it.  Take a listen!



As you may remember Mr E and I met on match.com.  We emailed back and forth for about a month and a half before our first date, and due to distance and his crazy school/work schedule there were numerous text messages during the week between dates.  So much so that I remember during one of my trips to Vegas we were texting to the point that I had to call and up my package before I went over.  One of my favorite memories from all of that email/texting communication is that Mr. E would usually start the day off with "Good Morning Beautiful".  I thought it was so sweet and it always put a smile on my face.

As our relationship grew and talks of marriage were a normal occurrence, we thought of possible first dance songs.  We pulled up my iTunes playlist and this song stuck out, not only for title but also for the lyrics.

"I couldn't see the light
I didn't know day from night
I had no reason to care
But since you came along
I can face the dawn,
'Cause I know you'll be there"

Mr. E went through a pretty dark and depressing phase in his life prior to going online.  I won't go into details since that is his personal story, but I can tell you that he was not satisfied with the path that his life had taken.  Our talks of an initial meet up were actually postponed due to the "rut" that he felt he was in.  Obviously words can't express how happy I am that he made the choice to take matters into his own hands and work towards the life that he wanted for himself and now for both of us.

This song spoke to us, and became our top pick. I can't wait to dance with him and remember that while life isn't always what you want, a change for the better might be right around the corner.  Or in our case, a click away ;)

How did you and your fiancée decide on your first dance song?  Do you remember where you were when you first heard it?

No comments: