Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Invitations the DIY way, Part 2

When we last left off I was waiting for the samples to come in from paperandmore.com

The samples came super fast, and I got to work on making a mock up. I downloaded fonts for free and played around until I got 2 fonts that most of the family agreed on. The first mock up consisted of the dark blue petal invite, a green cardstock boarder (the cardstock was from Michael’s and would begin my mad search to buy out all of the “bank roll” paper from every Michael’s in a 30 mile radius) and white cardstock for the writing. It wasn’t bad with just cardstock on cardstock, but I got online again and ordered some linen paper to see if I liked it better, which of course I did (the extra $1 or so wouldn’t kill me).

After completing another mock up with the linen paper, I thought the outside needed something because it was a little too plain. Back to the DIY boards I went and learned about belly bands. Perfect! Using ribbon left over from other projects, and some more of that Michael’s green cardstock and my Xyron machine I fashioned a bellyband from our monogram that popped against the dark blue. We started with the monogram, but in the end decided that we wanted to save money on inner envelopes so we replaced the monogram with the names of the invited guests

Here’s a little teaser to enjoy until the next segment of Invitations the DIY way.

No comments: