Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Biggest Loser

The battle of the bulge has been a constant cycle for me since I was younger. I was blessed with nice “gammers” as my grandmother called them but I just saw them as large thighs.
Dennis & me at Halloween
Dennis, Mom and me at the strawberry farm

Dennis, Dad and me raking the leaves

Growing up I was very active in sports and ballet which helped to maintain my weight, but as I got older and went off to college I definitely gained that Freshman 15 (or then some). Once I graduated and started to work, I was motivated to shed some pounds. I worked out and watched what I ate and lost a good 20 pounds right as I started to go on dates via match.com.

New Years 2006

Now I can’t put all the blame on dating, but the truth is going out to eat and wanting to spend extra time with Chris decreased the amount of time I spent in the gym and motivation to eat well. Unfortunately I gained back the 20 pounds I lost at the beginning of 2007 (and then some).

Christmas 2009

With the wedding coming up in another year I figure now is as good as any time to get motivated again. While I would love to lose a lot of weight, I don’t want to get upset if it doesn’t happen. For me, my goal is to feel my best on my wedding day. To help with some accountability I have decided to do monthly updates via this blog which will include the number of exercise days per month and number of pounds lost.

Here’s hoping for the best!

No comments: