Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010!

Happy New Year!! I can’t believe it’s been a full 10 years since we “partied like it was 1999” and dealt with the Y2K scare.

There are many goals I have for the new year including getting in shape for the wedding. I’m hoping that since we are getting closer everyday that I will be more motivated to continue with the work outs that I started at the end of last year.

2010 will bring many milestones in the wedding planning process. For one thing, after April when people ask when the wedding is, I will no longer have to say “April 23, 2011”. We will be taking our engagement pictures in a couple of months with Lynn Michelle and I will begin the official dress search. I thought it was too early to meet with/sign a contract with some vendors last year, so now that we are in 2010, I can set up those appointments, and find the best vendors for our budget.

My MOH Kristen was in town this past week, and after we met up to go over wedding stuff, we caught up on life over lunch. Well lunch happened to be in the same area as a David's bridal, so we went in to look around. I didn't know how busy they were (it was a Tuesday) but after 30 mins they took us back and I tried on a couple of dresses. Here are two pictures of the only dress that I tried on that I liked (not too many in my size in store, so I guess that's more motivation to hit the gym lol).


I really like this one, so it's a good starting point. After a couple of months of the gym (and hopefully warmer weather) I'll be setting up a weekend to try on dresses with all of my bridesmaids that can make it into to town. I can't wait!!!

I’m excited to see the plans start to come together as we get another year closer to the wedding!

No comments: