Thursday, April 7, 2011

Assembling the OOT Boxes

Tick, Tick, Tick...

What's that I hear?  Is that our countdown clock nearing 2 weeks??

Thanks to Daddy and Mama Elephant, we knocked out the out of town boxes that will welcome our guests to Dallas.  Mr. E and I did all of the bulk shopping at Costco then I headed up to my parents to put them together (and store since we have no room left in our apartment) while he was recovering from his bachelor party.



I started the assembly line by wrapping the boxes in the Washi tape and using spray adhesive to attach the welcome sign.  Daddy E was very meticulous about making sure every box had the right amount of snacks, which Mom would then pack up.





Each box contained:
- 2 bottles of water with our DIY labels
- chips
- pretzels
- 100 calorie snack pack
- 2 bags of fruit snacks
- 3 pieces of chocolates
- pack of gum
- peanut butter crackers
- 2 travel packs of Advil
- welcome note (printed by Vistaprint)

Once all 35 boxes were packaged up and tied with a little ribbon, we boxed them up for transport to the hotels the week of the wedding.  Of course nothing is really done without final inspection by Gypsy.


What are your favorite types of snacks?  Are you more of a sweet or salty snacker?

1 comment:

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

I'm a new follower and I love these bags! I'm in Texas as well (Waco) so I'm happy to hear you're a Texas bride as well :)