Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mail Us Some Love

Remember my guest book idea? It's ok if you don't, I won't hold it against you :)  Well more pieces of the puzzle have arrived, and it's time for a mock up!

Here's a refresher of the box I painted to hold some postcards



I ordered this mailbox (in white) from Walmart.com for $15.  I was very pleased with how fast it came in.



I had originally purchased and painted these wood letters for a plaque to be displayed at the wedding, but ended up not following through with that idea.  (Any other DIY brides have that happen?) How perfect that they were the right size to fit on the mailbox?




I printed out a sign similar to the one used by Mrs. Pencils at her wedding to instruct the guests to leave us some love on a postcard.  We plan to add the postcards and strips from the photo booth into a scrapbook after the wedding.



The plan is to have postcards from various places that we have traveled to together.  If only I had thought of that prior to going on vacation!  Luckily BM Philly was able to send me some from Philly & Mama Elephant was able to pick up some Disneyworld cards when she was in Orlando for work.  We'll add in some more Vegas and New Orleans cards later this year.  If we can't gather up enough, we'll just supplement the rest with Dallas/Ft. Worth postcards or various ones from ebay or zazzel.



And now, the whole set up!  (Sorry for the white out of Mr. E's last name, but you know privacy and what not.)


I'm so happy with how this turned out and can't wait to see how it looks the day of the wedding. 

We're trying to decide between just collecting the postcards that night, or having Mama E take them home and then mail them to us over our first year of marriage.  What would you do?

No comments: