Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dealing with time apart

Chris is a manager of a retail store and there was a slim chance that he would be able to have off at the holidays (he has worked every Thanksgiving and Christmas for the past 6 or 7 years). I'm so excited to say that he will be able to get off and will be flying up to Columbus with my family for Christmas!!

We have actually only spent 1 major holiday apart since we began dating, which was the first Christmas we were together. I went to Atlanta with my family and he stayed behind in Texas to work. Thankfully Thanksgiving is held at my parents house, so he can open the store, and we just wait to eat until he gets off.

It’s hard to spend time apart from someone you love, especially when it’s during the holidays, but you always have to look on the bright side of bad situations. How do you deal with time apart from your significant other? Is it harder around the holidays?

No comments: