Saturday, December 19, 2009

Commemorating the year

YAY! We're heading into the final stretch before Christmas. Unlike a bunch of my friends and co-workers, I will have to make it through 4 more days of work before I can start my end of year vacation time. Chris and I have finished our Christmas shopping, and will start to pack for the cold weather up North.
One tradition I thought I would start this Christmas is to pick up an ornament that will commemorate the past year, somewhere we traveled to or something that we did together. I was going to look for one online, but through my current love for Etsy I decided to have one made for a year that I will never forget.
There were many moments that I will remember for this year, but the two I treasure the most by far is our engagement and our big trip to Disney & Caribbean cruise where we celebrated with my family. I contacted the Etsy seller Peg's Clay Ground, which happened to be one of the first sellers that came up during my search and had her make an ornament that combined those two memories.

So you wanna see it, right?? Well here it is. I can't wait to put it on our tree next year! (I was too lazy to put up the tree this year, hehe)


Isn't it cute?? Do you purchase ornaments to celebrate the year?

No comments: