Monday, January 17, 2011

MOB Dress Shopping - The Winner

Mama Elephant and I have been shopping a couple of times (some of the contenders were shown here) with no luck on finding the one.  That is not the case after last weekend...winner, winner, chicken dinner! (Bonus points for anyone that can name the 2 movies that quote was used in.)

My mom was looking for a dress with color (preferably blue, but she was open to other colors except red) and some bling, so we headed out with the intentions of hitting up a couple of stores suggested by our planner for a stylish MOB dress.  Before checking out those suggestions, we headed to the bridal store that I purchased my dress as well as ordered all 4 of our bridesmaids dresses (side note: those dresses just came in and I can't wait to see what they look like on my friends). Little did we know that it was going to be a one stop shop type of day!

The first dress was a pretty shade of blue, but had no bling.  We thought we could add a beaded belt, but after getting it on, we knew a belt probably would not look right.


The next dress was a suggestion of the consultant helping us.  We both laughed when we saw it because we knew it was not her style, but my mom tried it on anyways just to be nice.


The next dress had the bling and the color, but was a little too open in the back.  We're getting close!


And finally, the winner.  This dress was everything that my mom wanted.  It had the coverage that made her feel comfortable, the flowiness (pretty sure that's not a word, but let's go with it) that will be perfect for an April wedding in Texas, and the color and bling that she dreamed of.  This dress was it!  And the best part?  With the 20% off card I had received in the mail, this dress came in way under the budget she had set for herself.

Sorry for the bright lighting

Isn't she beautiful?

I love this dress on my mom, and I love that we were able to find it together!

Did you have any input on your mother's ensemble for your wedding?

No comments: