Friday, December 4, 2009

Hobby Lobby to the rescue

With the sand ceremony vases blinged out, all that was left was to find blue and green sand. Easy, right?

Wrong! I swear I made at least 4 stops to craft stores before I was about to give up. I started with my go to, Michael's. They had some sand in the floral accessory area, and found a bright blue (a little brighter that I wanted) and a pale sage green (not as bright as I liked). I wasn't sold so I left it there and headed over the JoAnn's where I found one single bag of beige sand. I asked if they had more of a selection and was told "doubt it, it's not that really popular".

Hmmm.... So I turned to the Internet and found the colors I wanted on JoAnn's website, but the shipping was twice as much as the cost of the bag... no thank you! I headed back to Micheal's and picked up the blue... not happy but I at least had one down.

Well I happen to be the area of Hobby Lobby and started looking around. I was about to give up since I could only find "Moon Sand" (which is mold-able, but not what I wanted) and then there it was! Jars of Sand, in the bright green and dark blue that I wanted! And it was only $1.99 per bottle, not too shabby at all.




Did you have to make several trips looking for a DIY material?

No comments: